Wednesday 13 May 2009

Dear....?

I like weird stuff and finding stuff to amuse me at work. I thought I would share this with all of you.

The last monthly test I gave to my students was about writing a letter. They could choose to write a letter to a government official, a bunch of fired employees, or to the parents of a misbehaving student.

Here is the breakdown of how each student started their letter.

Dear ___'s Parents: 19
Dear Employees/Staff/Partners/Personnel: 7
Dear Mr/Mrs. White/Black/Green/Blue: 7
Dear Mr/Mrs. Smith: 5
Other English Surname (Pitt/Timberlake/Johnson/Rice): 5
Dear Mr/Mrs. Wang: 4
Other Chinese Surname (Lee/Li/Yu/Shan): 5
Dear (Classmate's Name): 2
To Whom It May Concern: 2
Dear Government Official:1
Dear Mr. Duck: 1 (I thought this one deserved to be by itself)


Hope that amuses you all half as much as it amuses me.

Much Love,
Ms. Duck

No comments: