I need to have my final decision about whether I am going to sign on for another year or not by May 3rd. This is driving me crazy. I don't know what to do.
I am making a list of reasons to stay and reasons to go. Feel free to add your own or to give me advice because I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.
Reasons to Stay
-I'll be getting a raise (nothing special, but a raise)
-My Chinese hasn't improved and I won't feel good coming home until it has
-I'd rather stay too long than feel I ran away for a challenge or had unfinished business
-It's a horrible time to be looking for a job in the US right now
-I still don't know what kind of career I want to pursue to staying would give me time to think and also time to see if I could really do teaching in the long haul
-I have a good job with a good boss and great co-workers
-I still really want to travel around Asia more and staying would give me that chance
-When else in my life will I have the chance to leave everything behind and live in a foreign country?
-I like my apartment and the area I live in
-I'll be home this summer so I'll have time to visit people before coming back
Reasons to Go
-This has been a rough year for several reasons and I would like some time home with my family
-I REALLY miss my friends/family/dogs/country
-I have a stupid fear that if I stay here too long it will be hard to rejoin my groups of friends when I get back
-I know it's a silly reason, but I would be really sad missing Revels and Medfest again
-Most of the people I know here (other than co-workers and Lucy) are leaving in June, so I would be back to nearly no friends here in September
-I miss swordfighting and all other things Medieval/Rennisance, and I just can't do that stuff here
-My parents found a masters teaching program in CT and I also got an e-mail today that Drew has a one year masters teaching program too...
-The good days of teaching are AWESOME, but the bad days SUCK
-Did I mention how much I miss everyone from home?