Saturday 11 April 2009

*Content*

Today was a really good day.

It started off rather lazy. I woke up at 8:30 am and puttered around for a few hours. I listened to some good music, chatted with some wonderful people on line, listened to an audio clip of spring peepers that my mom sent me and played around on facebook. Had a little lunch and a shower and then headed out.

I got a couple snacks (an orange and some sunflower seeds) and a bottle of water and hopped a bus to Century Park. As I was walking from the bus stop to the park there was a weird moment. I was walking through the barrier of people walking around asking if I'm going to the underground market, offering to sell me good stuff for cheap and encouraging me to go to THEIR shop. I was playing the deaf-mute, as per usual, when I realized that the woman walking next to me was not only speaking to me in Chinese, but was calling me "teacher". I then realized she was the shop woman who helped me buy some presents for Rose in early December. She not only remembered me, but she also remembered what I bought. It was weird.

I stayed for hours at the park lying in the sun, munching on sunflower seeds and reading. The feeling of grass under my bare feet was so therapeutic. I finally finished reading Dune. I was sad when the park was closing and I had to leave. I stayed outside the park a little while longer watching the tons of kites in the sky. I then decided to walk around a bit in the direction of home. I stopped to have dinner at a Japanese place (dumplings, squid-on-a-stick and fried rice...yum!) and then caught a cab back to the apartment.

All in all, a good day.

-Stephanie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BTW, Sproff, you should be getting a package sometime in the next week. Plz be recording it? <3<3 -lyssepants