Friday 6 March 2009

Trivia Night!

So Wednesday night I went and got myself a massage. I got a Chinese style massage, so it wasn't like a calming, relaxing, essential oils and calming music kind of thing. It was a guy jabbing me in the back with his elbows for an hour. It was good though. I could feel him working out all sorts of pressure points and knots. It hurt so good. He must have a lot of foreigners complain, though, cuz every few minutes he was like "ok?". I always said yes. Afterward I bought myself a plastic tub so I can soak my feet. Yesterday was the first time in a month that I could remember my feet NOT being cold. I don't know if was the soak or the massage that did it, but I feel like I have blood in my body again. Still not 100% on the sleeping though. :-P

Last night was the first ever Trivia Night at FrangiPani so I decided to go for fun. I met up with Megan, met her wife Nicole, and also made some new friends Melissa, Darcy, Christina and Jason. I think I got their names right... Together we decided to call ourselves "The Drinking Dead". I forget why except that alliteration is fun. We did pretty ok. One of the questions was about the NATO phonetic alphabet (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo...etc), and I felt SO BAD because I got it wrong. I used to have the whole alaphabet memorized, but I only got one out of the four letters right. I don't feel too bad though, since one of our team members used to be in the Navy and she couldn't even remember past Echo.

Before the last question we were in 3rd place (out of 11 teams I think) but we gambled everything on the last questions and lost everything. The question was about what percentage of the average human body is composed of water. Apparently almost all of the teams (including us) said 70%. The answer was 61%. Ironically, the team that was in last place before the final question ended up winning.

I don't have finalized plans for this weekend, but I may be meeting up with Isa and Lucy on Saturday night. After going out for ladies night on Tuesday and then trivia night on Thursday ad my massage/shopping on Wednesday, I am a bit pooped. I plan on having a very boring and relaxing evening tonight.

I shall leave you with a silly picture! This picture is back from my visit home in January. Alicia just posted a bunch of pictures from my visit on facebook so this is the first I've seen them. I thought I would put one up here just for fun. I like this picture because it is ridiculous and it also shows me with some of my favorite people that I was really happy to see. From left to right it's Ciara, Tristan, Me, Jesse, and Claire.
Anyway, sending love,
Sierra Tango Echo Papa Hotel Alpha November India Echo
(aka, Stephanie)

1 comment:

kimmieb said...

trivia night!
i do trivia night with my med school friends! now i will think of you when we're kicking booty :)